Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Best Pedal Review, Ever

Dear Paradyme420 from East Providence,

I encountered the following review while researching distortion pedals on Musicican's Friend:



"For the right genres, this box rocks!

Features: 9
Quality: 10
Value: 10
Overall: 9

paradyme420 from East Providence, RI
Experience: I own it
Background: active musician
Style of Music: alternative, grunge, post punk


"Mar 8, 2006 - Ok metal players, I officially don't understand you. Why would you buy a fuzz pedal??? That makes no sense. If you want to "shred" stick with BOSS and DOD Pedals and things that say like death crunch or whatever as the description. As for me, this pedal gives a very thick fuzz, perfect for Hendrix style freakouts, post punk, alternative, etc., it is perfect. If you want to "shred" my advice is (because I see horrible reviews for fender instruments as well) stick with guitars with humbuckers and pedals that have the word death on them, because it's sad to see good products get bad reviews because some knucklehead Dhimmu Borigir fan buys the wrong gear in their pursuit to unlock the gates of hell or whatever it is you do for fun."


And so, Paradyme420 from Providence, I was wondering...

Could you please come to my house and maybe be my best friend so that we could just sit around and write reviews about everything that we encounter? And by "we," I mean, "you" could write the reviews? You can start by reviewing all the musical equipment in the house but why stop at that? I have plenty of cereal boxes, sofas, and lamp shades, and houseplants that could benefit from such descriptive hilarity.

This request, of course, is based on your review of the Electro-Harmonix pedal I am thinking of buying, pictured above.

Based on your review, and because I wouldn't count myself a fan of Dimmu Borgir, I am totally sold on the Big Muff pedal. For real.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lonnie Bruner said...

It's a classic.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Your Pal Pete said...

I do have to say, I bought a Russian one of these and this is a cool pedal.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Jawn said...

If you ever hear back from that guy, I've got a moody Dunlop MXR Distortion + that could use a review...

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home