Monday, May 08, 2006

Window Dancing

This weekend I had custody of the Better Half here in Washington. Sadly, our practice space was unavailable so we did no actual practicing, unless you count a late-morning kumbayah session in my kitchen where I tried to force Jenny and Kat to sing along with my substandard guitar and morning-voiced accompaniment to some old stand-bys.

On Friday we went out to a Mexican restaurant, to celebrate cinco de Mayo. Or should we say, given the late hour, Seis de Mayo? After being roofied by the wait-staff, Jenny spaceship was fairly tired out, but we still made it to the Velvet Lounge to see my friends' - Tom and Fernando - band play.

The highlight of the weekend was probably Saturday, when the weather grew too suddenly cold for the plans we'd already made and we hosted an impromptu wine tasting at my house, courtesy of Isaac Washington.

We were tasked with tasting 6 different varietals from the same vintner. Perhaps because we chose not to expectorate, the verdict was this:

3 Comments:

Blogger lebomb said...

ok well next time i will be there and it better be sooner than later cuz i just can't wait!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous jesse said...

I find this blog wildly entertaining. I happened across it just now via MySpace through a comment you left on the Bullet Parade's page. Dig? Crazy Internets!

Nice work.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous jenny spaceship said...

Holy crap!!!!
...I only learned of this actual post through your famous "DC" blog. I really need to keep more up to date on these things. Look at what an ass I am!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home