Wednesday, March 14, 2007

guitar store hero

While on tour with my former band, we had to make a pit stop at a Guitar Center so our drummer could pick up new drumheads. After we got involved with the luxurious Guitar Center bathrooms, we wandered around the store, trying to avoid eye contact with the ever-eager guitar center employees, who spied our van outside and started firing questions at us:

"Are you a band? Are you on tour? What's the name of your band? Are you guys indie rockers? Where are you from? Where are you going? Are you on a label? We saw your 15-seater, I said, 'This has to be a band coming in. Either that or a church group! Ha ha! Ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Then our eyes (and ears) were blessed by hands-down, the best encounter ever to be documented at a Guitar Center store. Unfortunately, I cut off filming long before the hilarity ended because a stern-looking manager type noticed me documenting the d-baggery of one of his employees and started making his way over. I stopped filming before he could yell at us and we resumed our drive.

The other day I watched an episode of MTV's Boiling Point featuring a guitar store "employee" deliberately trying to raise the ire of his customers and it reminded me of this video. I decided to post my video, in which a guitar center employee behaves even more irritatingly and yet seems to garner only enthusiasm from his customer / victim.

Note the cameo (and butt scratching) appearances by my then-fellow bandmates. They all wanted in on some of the sweet guitar store hero action. And who could blame them?

Enjoy:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home