Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

The Mammal and I have been having a hard time trying to figure out the Holidays -- should we go to my hometown of Pittsburgh, or his hometown of Baton Rouge? Ultimately, we've decided to spend Christmas with his family and we'll have a belated celebration with mine the following week, alternating years and Christmas locales until we decide on a different strategy. (Which had better not be next year, or my parents will kill me!)

As for Thanksgiving, we ended up deciding by not deciding, something we're both a bit notorious for doing. I had a series of unfortunately-timed Board meetings here in Washington the week and was delivering my snow-bird Gram to Florida the week after that so it made sense for me to stay put. We put off making a final decision, however, until it grew too late for me to go anywhere, and it grew increasingly expensive for Daniel to travel South. So instead of learning our lesson and commisserating over a Thanksgiving as orphans, we celebrated our procrastination with a little feast of our own. We had so much fun I wonder if I'll EVER go home for Thanksgiving again.

Mammal in Pajamas

I've Learned...One Must Drain the Turkey of Gravy

La Dulce Vida

Linus Had his Own Little Feast


Especially Thankful


Pusher

Postprandial Bliss

Black Friday, Pink Chaise


2 Comments:

Blogger Lonnie Bruner said...

Wait, why do you call Dan "Mammal"??

9:06 AM  
Blogger red storm said...

pseudonym for privacy, like Red Storm or Lonnie Bruner I suppose. I don't like my worlds to collide!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home