Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On Another Note

On another note, as many of you know, D and I are getting married! I wanted to make note of this happy occasion earlier, but we've been so excited, and so busy planning, that I haven't had much opportunity to post. Also, I wanted to hold off posting the news on my blog until we were sure our friends and family knew. (It's a modern world, but there are better ways to tell your loved ones you've gotten engaged). D and I are getting married in my hometown of Pittsburgh in late summer, 2008, when Pittsburgh weather is at its finest. Not that the weather matters; I'd marry D barefoot in a blizzard. I'm the luckiest person on the planet. Fortunately for me, he seems to think that title belongs to him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Look Out Kid said...

I can't believe I'm the first to comment on this, but kudos on your engagement. As someone who has also found his, shall we say, partner for life, I'm always happy to learn that someone else had made that connection with another human being. It is a truly a rare and wonderful experience.

Also, dug your post on Keynesian economics. You have a unique perspective, and put it to good use. Perhaps you should freelance for The Economist?

4:02 AM  
Blogger red storm said...

Wow, thanks! Both for the congratulations and the compliments. My blog has fallen into a serious state of disrepair...the problem is most of my readers are my "real friends" and they all knew my news before I announced it here. now that all my spare time is spent planning a wedding, I've really been bad about my blog. (Work has been busy too). I briefly considered blogging about wedding planning, and then I came to my senses.

So did you get engaged, too? I read your blog pretty faithfully but I have to admit that it's been a while -- for all the aforementioned reasons...

1:45 PM  
Blogger Look Out Kid said...

No, not engaged, per se, but we both know marriage will be the eventuality of our relationship. We are both very comfortable with the level of commitment we already share, and don't see recognition by the state to be all that important (neither of us is religious).

I'm certainly not against marriage; just against giving in to societal (and familial) pressure to adhere to tradition for tradition's sake. This is our subtle way of bucking the system, as silly as it sounds.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home